Buying A Business
Buying a Business
Buying or investing
in a business is a major financial decision.
Buying or investing in a business is a major financial decision. It is important, if you are considering buying a business that you obtain legal advice to ensure that you are aware of the legal risks and implications involved in the business, as well as the structure and the commercial intentions behind the sale. You must consider:
- due diligence and legal risk analysis of the business;
- appropriate allocation of risk in the sale agreement, e.g. seller warranties, employee entitlements, tax;
- rights and obligations of shareholders;
- whether the sale is structured as an asset sale or share sale; and
- effective legal transfer of assets.
The contract of sale is the most important document as it outlines all the terms and conditions of the sale. For this reason, it is very important to have an experienced lawyer review the Contract for you. Our experienced Property and Commercial Lawyers have a wealth of knowledge in this area and can help you understand in simple terms, what you are buying. We will review the proposed terms of the purchase including your GST or stamp duty obligations, negotiate the terms of the contract and help you understand what is needed to proceed with the purchase.
Contact Us Today and leave the rest with us.